I have recorded chapter 16 of War Horse for you to listen to, or follow along if you have your own copy! It's very strange recording yourself reading!! We are at the part of the book where Joey is all alone AGAIN!!! Topthorn has died, Frederic, is dead, and Joey is just wandering when ...... chapter 16..
War Horse - make a mini dictionary based on these words, like the ones we made previously!
Write to word, what you think it means, actual meaning, a sentence or illustration to show meaning.
Words to use: tinge, coiled, dank, peakless, warily, clamber
Questions in your English Copy
- What did the soldiers wave as they cut through the wire for Joey?
- What did the German soldier feed to Joey?
- How did the two soldiers decide which one would take Joey with him?
- How did the two soldiers feel about the war?
- What did they expect to be doing again in an hour or two?
- How did the soldiers react as Joey was led towards them?
Maths - Master Your Maths - upload answers at the end of the week
Gaeilge- Fifth Class try a haiku poem as gaeilge!!!! just bain triall as! mar sheampla
Is maith liom mo lón
ceapaírí blasta, úll glás,
Cá bhfuail mó milseán?
má tá sé ró dheachair dean obair gaeilge den rang a ceathair.
4th Class - Eadaí , bhuaigh tú comórtas, tá tú abalta design "eadai scoile" nua.... tarraing é agus dean cur sios ( describe) é
Music - in war horse there was a word used at the start "crescendo "
"I heard a gradual crescendo of excitement and laughter"
Today on school hub they are listening to carnvial of the Animals, have a listen to it. What was your favourite animal/ music part!
Have a great day everyone!