I hope you all had a nice and safe weekend. Let's hope the weather will be nice again this week and you can get out and about in the fresh air.
Below is today's work. Your work is fairly straight forward. If you are finding it hard to read the book online pick a book that you may not have read before and read a few pages.
Maths- How much?
- Complete Busy at Maths p.116 use coins to help if necessary OR Click on link http://data.cjfallon.ie/resources/19596/activity-116/index.html
- Ask the following questions when completing p.116
-Which item costs the most/least?
-What colours will you use for the coins to buy the pair?
Extra activity: 'Let's going shopping' Gather fruit, toys, books, etc and label with values of up to 5c. Take turns buy and selling. Use real coins if possible.
Happy Shopping !
English : Reading
Click on link to read book https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/api/digital_books/1215.html
If you are having difficulties accessing the book online, you can read a book you have at home instead.
OR you can sign up to https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page as they have an abundance of books for children to practice reading and activities.
1. Listen to the Jolly phonics er song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQqsDgSeIg
2. Trace ‘er’ in a tray of flour/rice
3.Seesaw lesson: Upload a recording of 3 words that make the er sound.
4. Ready Steady Write workbook p.21 or the carry on from where you finished
- Complete p.108 Busy at Maths
Ask the following questions when completing Maths tasks
-What fruit is it?
-What price is on the tag?
-How many coins must you colour to have a match for the price tag?
Extra questions -Which food is the dearest/cheapest? -Which two foods total 9c?
If I have 5c, how much more would I need to buy the pear?
English : Reading
Oxford Owl Reading SI
Hello, today you are going to read a book called Ron Rabbit's Big Day on the Oxford reading website. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/api/interactives/24765.html
An adult will ask you what you think the book is going to be about before you start?
An adult may also ask you some questions during your reading and at the end.
There are suggestion questions on the inside and back on the book.
Use the arrows on the right to move the page.
When you are finished reading you can press the play button if you would like to listen to the story again.
If you have problems accessing the website, I would suggest signing up to https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page as they have an abundance of books for children to practice reading and activities.
1. Listen to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qy0VtMS_FM
2. Can you think of 5 words with igh and write them.
3. Put 2 of them in a sentence.
4. Ready, steady, write workbook continue on from the last page you completed