The committee work hard on a daily basis to make all of us aware of the importance of thinking 'green' and 'energy saving',
Listed below are some of the practical ways they carry out their jobs.
- Litter picking is a daily job carried out on a rota basis by the senior students. This also helps our very active and litter conscious 'Tidy Towns' Village which we are so proud of.
- Along side our litter pickers are our compost pickers! These students again on a rota basis collect food waste daily from each classroom and staff room and put it in our 'Pig'. Over time this 'pig' produces wonderful compost through the fermentation process for our garden
- This garden is cultivated regularly including during the summer holidays by the students - a job they love doing.
- Our notice Board is a great source of information. The committee display all their work and information on it for all of the school community to see. Wonderful information is there about their 'Energy Saving commitment for the coming year', creating slogans for energy saving, telling us about visitors coming to talk about green schools and much more information.
- Meter reading daily
- Our school is heated by oil. And in our achievements section you will see some interesting and exciting news on that front!
- Battery collection is on going in the school Households can drop in batteries to be re-cycled we started this in 2017. Wee Ireland come regularly to collect these batteries.
- Students have identified and graphed how far our 'COATS' travelled around the world before they were purchased. An extremely interesting project. Results up on our notice board.